Hello, hello! Hope you all are having a fabulous week and getting ready for this long holiday weekend. I will be working tomorrow and then celebrating my little sister's 21st birthday! She is almost 10 years younger than me and I am so excited to celebrate this amazing milestone with her. Can't wait to see everyone and hear about plans for the weekend. Which hopefully these thunderstorms will behave and let everyone get their beach time in.
Okay, so what is today's blog post about you may ask? Well, it sort of encompasses the spirit of Independence Day along with the bond of family and friends. One of our most important goals in bringing on new brands is supporting fellow women entrepreneurs, as some of you may know. We have always had a strong passion for this for many reasons. I can't speak for everyone but I know for a lot of us, the desire and drive to be an entrepreneur is the sense of freedom that it brings into our life. It is the American dream and can be so freeing when trying to juggle all that there is with life, children, family, friends, and work. However, it can also feel like you are climbing Mt. Everest with an elephant on your back. That is why I think it is so beneficial and powerful to build each other up. Too many times it is so easy to pass judgment or begin comparing to other women. We all walk such different paths of life and are truly just looking for love and friendships. So, in reality, we can conquer so much more when we band together. We are passionate and hardworking and I think it is crucial to put that to good use. And if we get to include fashion while we're at it, what's not to love?!
Best ways to support any small business owner:
1. Like, share and comment on their social media posts.
2. Purchase from them. Even if it is a small purchase or you don't have a big budget, every sale means more than you can honestly ever know. It keeps that fire going inside us knowing that we can do this!
3. Refer, refer, refer! Telling your friends and family how much you love shopping at the business is the best way to get exposure for her.
4. Offer moral support and check in every now and then. It may seem all glitz and glam but sometimes running a business can be alienating and exhausting. It means so much to know you have a supportive community around you.
5. Comment with empowering or encouraging words! It can turn someones day around.
Always know that you are not alone and we are stronger together.
Until next time,